Investment Management firm lifts and shifts applications and virtual desktops to Microsoft Azure with Teradici CAS
This Boston-based mid-sized investment management firm is a pioneer in endowment-style investment management for institutions and private investors. At this firm, investment professionals count on fast, reliable desktop performance to manage relationships, identify trends and opportunities, and even stream TV for breaking news that could affect the market. “We’re constantly looking to see where technology is going—and then try to arrive there faster than our peers,” says their Chief Technology Officer.
Teradici CAS was super easy to set up—it just worked. And not having to rewrite our applications for the cloud enabled us to make the transition before our planned data center shut down. We couldn’t have done it with any other solution.
- Eliminate large IT infrastructure upgrade costs every 3-4 years
- Understand infrastructure costs by project and person
- Migrate applications to the cloud without modifications
- Continue using existing Dell Wyse PCoIP Zero Clients
- Automate infrastructure and desktop management
- Lifted and shifted applications and virtual desktops to Microsoft Azure using Teradici CAS
- Continued using existing Dell Wyse PCoIP Zero Clients
- Automated management of remote desktops and connections with Teradici CAS Manager
- Converted infrastructure costs to a predictable monthly expense
- Made infrastructure costs transparent
- Moved applications to cloud without modifications, saving an estimated 340 hours on testing
- Reduced time spent on infrastructure management
- Matched or exceeded previous application experience