Learn about customer success stories and experience with PCoIP solutions.
PALFINGER Structural Inspection edits massive 3D models on Google Cloud as if they were local, with Teradici Cloud Access Software
Vienna-based PALFINGER Structural Inspection GmbH (StrucInspect) is transforming safety inspection of bridges and other infrastructure using drones, 3D modeling, and artificial intelligence. The service accelerates inspections, makes them more cost-effective, and avoids the need to close structures to traffic. Launched in 2019, the company is a joint venture of PALFINGER, Vienna Consulting Engineers (VCE), and the Angst Group.
- Quickly create 3D models from thousands of high-res images
- Manipulate and edit models containing hundreds of gigabytes in the cloud—without lag
- Keep customer data secure
- Avoid paying for high-end workstations that would be idle much of the time
- Provisioned powerful Linux workstations on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPUs to run compute-intensive Agisoft Metashape application
- Deployed Teradici Cloud Access Software on GCP and existing laptops, enabling users to securely connect to remote workstations in GCP
- Accelerated 3D model development
- Enabled users to view and edit models on GCP with a local workstation experience—saving 30 minutes on a typical 8-hour project
- Protected sensitive information: only encrypted pixels travel between GCP and laptops
- Reduced hardware costs with “pay-as-you-go” pricing in GCP